Table of Contents
I. Who is BeyondMD?
BeyondMD’s mission is to successfully help people obtain online medical care. BeyondMD is not a medical group or a health care provider. BeyondMD provides its users with the ability to obtain a telemedicine consultation provided by independent medical practitioners including, but not limited to, DTG II, PLC d/b/a BeyondMD (“Medical Group”), an independent medical group with a network of United States based health care providers (each, a “Provider”). Medical Group (or your own medical provider if you do not use a Medical Group Provider) is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not BeyondMD.
|Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual and any information listed here.
|Our Website and/or Software.
|Any products available for purchase on our Platform.
|Any services provided through our Platform.
|Any BeyondMD software.
|our “Terms of Service”
|Our teams of service is located at https://beyondmd.com/terms-of-service
Our websites, including:
|“BeyondMD,” “we,” “us,” or “our”
- You visit or use our Platform, including our Website and/or Software;
- We communicate in e-mail, text message, and other electronic messages between you and us; and
- We communicate in person, such as on the phone or through a telehealth visit.
III. Personal Information
Personal information is information from and about you that may be able to personally identify you. We treat any information that may identify you as personal information. For example, your name and e-mail address are personal information.
We may collect and use the following personal information (hereinafter, collectively referred to as “Personal Information”):
|Categories of Personal Information
|Specific Types of Personal Information Collected
|a real name, username, birth date, e-mail address, home, billing and shipping address, IP address, driver’s license, physical characteristics or description, or Patient ID.
|Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual
|name, username or online identifier, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, religion, sexual orientation, history of criminal convictions, political beliefs, ancestry, health or medical information, insurance policy number, weight, body mass index (BMI), whether you are a smoker or non-smoker, medical conditions, family medical history, medications currently taking or prescribed, heart rate, step count, distance traveled, glucose and oxygen saturation levels, active and resting energy levels, sleep analysis, blood pressure readings, workout history, your activity levels, and accelerometer data.
|Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law.
|Race, Color, Age, National origin, physical and/or mental disability, ancestry, religion, genetic information, and political opinions.
|Photos, video, health data, exercise data, and voice
|Internet or other electronic network activity information
|IP address, device mode, device ID, OS version, device language, browser type, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
|Physical location or movements, local time, and local time zone.
|User Generated Content
|Information you provide to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “Posted”) on public areas of our Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or other third parties.
Some Personal Information we collect may constitute PHI under HIPAA. As set forth above, your Provider will provide you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing their collection and use of your health information, not BeyondMD. We will only collect and use protected health information for the purposes of providing the Services and we only collect the minimum amount necessary to fully perform and provide the Services on our Platform. We may combine your protected health information with Personal Information that we have either obtained from you or through a third-party, such as your Provider, health insurer, employee benefits program, or other health care providers. Protected health information will not be used for any other purpose, including marketing, without your consent.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect most of this Personal Information directly from you. For example, when we speak to you by phone, text message, and e-mail. Additionally, we will collect information from you when you visit our Website and fill out forms, use our Software, or purchase our Services.
We may also collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- From your mobile device or smart watch.
- When you make payments through the Platform. We do not collect or store financial account information, though we may receive transaction identifiers and summary information that does not include credit card or bank account numbers.
- When You Contact Us. When you contact BeyondMD directly, such as when you contact our Customer Support team, we will receive the contents of your message or any attachments you may send to us, as well as any additional information you choose to provide.
We will also collect information automatically as you navigate through our Platform. We use the following technologies to automatically collect data:
- Facebook Pixel and Instagram. We use Facebook Pixel and Instagram, a web analytics and advertising service provided by Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”) on our Platform. With its help, we and our customers can keep track of what users do after they see or click on a Facebook or Instagram advertisement, keep track of users who access our Platform or advertisements from different devices, and better provide advertisements to our target audiences. The data from Facebook Pixel and Instagram is also saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook can connect this data with your Facebook or Instagram account and use it for its own and others advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Please click here if you would like to withdraw your consent for use of your data with Facebook Pixel https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads#_=_.
- Google Ads (AdWords). Google Ads (AdWords) remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout– for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Other third party tools. We use other third party tools which allow us to track the performance of our Platform. These tools provide us with information about errors, website performance, and other technical details we may use to improve our Platform and/or the Services. For more information related to these third-party analytics providers please review How do we collect your Personal Information?.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain, supervise, administer, and enhance our Platform or the Services, including monitoring and analyzing the effectiveness of content on the Platform, aggregate site usage data, and other usage of the Platform and/or the Services such as assisting you in completing the registration process.
- Provide our Products and Services to you, in a custom and user-friendly way.
- Provide you with information, Products, or Services that you request from us or that may be of interest to you.
- Promote and market our Platform and/or the Services to you. For example, we may use your Personal Information, such as your e-mail address, to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about Products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our services on third party websites. You can opt-out of receiving these e-mails at any time as described below.
- To provide you notices or about your account.
- Contact you in response to a request.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform and/or the Services or any Products we offer or provide through them.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Anonymize and aggregate information for analytics and reporting.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, and subpoenas and to carry out our legal and contractual obligations.
- Authenticate use, detect fraudulent use, and otherwise maintain the security of our Platform and the safety of others.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires.
- To provide you information about goods and services that may be of interest to you, including through newsletters.
- Any other purpose with your consent.
We may share Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances or for certain purposes, including:
- Our business purposes. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates, vendors, service providers, and business partners, including our data hosting and data storage partners, analytics and advertising providers, technology services and support, and data security advisors. We may also share your Personal Information with professional advisors, such as auditors, law firms, and accounting firms.
- Your healthcare providers or family. With your consent, we may share your information, including information collected from your use of our Platform, with your health care providers and/or family members (e.g., immediate family or friends) that you designate to receive your information.
- With your consent. We may share your Personal Information if you request or direct us to do so.
- Compliance with law. We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or any obligations thereunder, including cooperation with law enforcement, judicial orders, and regulatory inquiries.
- Business Transfer. We may share your Personal Information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users are among the assets transferred.
- De-identified information. We may also disclose de-identified information, so that it cannot be reasonably used to identify any individual, with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- To improve our Platform. We may use your Personal Information for internal testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website/application, and to develop, improve, or demonstrate our products and services.
- To market our products and services. We may share your Personal Information with affiliates and third parties to market our products and services.
- Third Party Analytics. We use Google Analytics to understand and evaluate how visitors interact with our Platform and/or the Services. This tool helps us improve our Platform and/or the Services, performance, and your experience.
Your choices about how we share your Personal Information.
Each type of web browser provides ways to restrict and delete cookies. Browser manufacturers provide resources to help you with managing cookies. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by BeyondMD to promote our own Products and Services, you can opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail or other marketing communications you receive from us or logging onto your Account Preferences page. This opt out does not apply to information provided to BeyondMD as a result of a product purchase, or your use of our Platform and/or the Services. You may have other options with respect to marketing and communication preferences through our Platform.
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into our Services and visiting either the “About You” or “Health Details” sections of our Platform. You may also firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of any changes or errors in any Personal Information we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible or to delete your account. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account with us. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
IV. Who may use the Services?
BeyondMD operates subject to state and federal regulations, and the Platform and/or the Services may not be available in your state. You represent that you are not a person barred from enrolling for or receiving the Services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdictions in which you may be located. Accessing the Platform and/or obtaining the Services from jurisdictions where content is illegal, or where we do not offer the Platform and/or the Services, is prohibited.
BeyondMD understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy in the interactive online world. Our Platform is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 18 years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 should submit any Personal Information to the Platform, and if we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 18years of age whom you believe might have provided us with their Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com to request the Personal Information be deleted.
We do not knowingly collect or sell Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use or provide any information on or to the Platform or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 18 years of age whom you believe might have provided use with their Personal Information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Personal Information be deleted.
VI. Does BeyondMD Respond to Do Not Track signals?
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Our Platform is currently set up to respond to those signals and we will honor them, to the extent we properly receive the “Do Not Track” signal.
We have taken steps and implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, intentional, unlawful, or unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, disclosure, or use. The Internet is not 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet. Where you have been given or you have chosen a password, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential.
The sharing and disclosing of information via the internet is not completely secure. We strive to use best practices and industry standard security measures and tools to protect your data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to, on, or through our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Platform, in your operating system, or mobile device.
VIII. California’s Shine the Light Law.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Platform and/or the Services that are California residents and who provide Personal Information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your Personal Information with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding such activities in 2020). You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
U.S. State Residents have the following rights under U.S. State Data Protection Laws:
Know what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or sell.
Receive a copy of your Personal Information.
Correct inaccurate Personal Information.
Delete your Personal Information.
Receive your Personal Information in a portable and, if technically feasible, in a readily usable format.
Opt out of: targeted advertising; the sale or sharing of your Personal Information with third parties; and/or, profiling in the furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
Limit the use and sharing of your sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive information includes, but is not limited to, Personal Information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, mental or health conditions or diagnosis, sex life or sexual orientation, citizenship or immigration status, genetic data, precise geolocation, or as otherwise defined in applicable U.S. State Data Protection Laws.
Not receive discriminatory treatment if you exercise your privacy rights.
To exercise these privacy rights and choices, please follow the instructions below. Please note, your rights under U.S. State Data Protection Laws are not absolute and BeyondMD may exercise limitations or exemptions as permitted by the U.S. State Data Protection Laws. We may also deny your request if the information is not subject to U.S. State Data Protection Laws, for example information subject to the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”).
Request Access to your Personal Information (your “Right to Know”). You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect.
Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Access Request”.
Request Deletion of your Personal Information. You may request deletion of your Personal Information that we collect or maintain about you at any time. To make a Deletion request, email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Deletion Request”. In some cases, we are required to maintain certain information as required by law (for example, to maintain medical records).
Request Correction of your Personal Information. You may request that we correct Personal Information we have about you. To make the request, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Correction Request.”
Verification. We will require some additional information to verify your identity to process your request, such as your login and password, or valid government identification.
Authorized Agent. Alternatively, you may exercise your privacy rights through an authorized agent. If you use an authorized agent, we will require you to verify your identity and confirm that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request on your behalf. To designate an agent with respect to your privacy rights, email us at email@example.com with the subject line “Agent Designation”.
Response Timing and Format. We will respond to your request within 45 days, and in more complex cases we may extend our response time by another 45 days. If you would like to appeal an action, we took with your privacy request or inquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to File a Complaint
If you feel your privacy information has been misused or violated, you have the right to file a formal complaint with the US Department of Health & Human Services, contact.
You can also file a direct complaint with us here at BeyondMD by emailing us directly at email@example.com
X. Your Rights
Under the CCPA, this use of your data for cross-context behavioral advertising may constitute a “sale” or “sharing” of personal information. We let advertising providers collect identifiers (IP addresses, cookie IDs, and mobile IDs), activity data (browsing, clicks, app usage), device data, and geolocation data through our sites and apps when you use our online service. In the past 12 months, these categories of personal information may have been “sold” or “shared” as defined under CCPA. We do not have actual knowledge of selling or sharing personal information of users under the age of 16.
BeyondMD believes in providing you with a frictionless experience by responding to Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) signals sent by your browser or mobile device. A GPC is a signal from your browser that notifies us of your privacy preferences, such as whether or not you want us to drop cookies on your device. To check your GPC preferences, check out the settings or extensions in your browser or mobile device. Learn more about GPC.
BeyondMD will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights and choices.
What We Collect
We will not sell, rent, or disclose to outside parties the information we collect and save except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
1. Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ. Additionally, for example, we may use analytic services.
2. Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
3. Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties, including but not limited to for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
4. Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
XI. Contact Us
How to Contact Us:
BeyondMD Corp. DBA DTG II, PLC
3590 Lake Dr SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Telephone: Ross pope 616.502.0238